We all love a good makeover story. The feeling of polishing something that’s past it’s prime to make it shiny and new again. We all need our Mia Thermopolis moment in the Princess Diaries when the hand-held mirrors part ways to reveal the new and improved Princess of Genovia. Ugh, an early noughties dream. We’d LOVE to have a makeover just like that on ourselves one day… 😉
But just because movies aren’t real life (so they say) doesn’t mean we can’t inject a little bit of that makeover magic into our everyday.
So how can you refresh, revive and reset your business to be the best it’s ever been?
Tidy up your online profiles
Where’s the first place your client will go to learn more about your salon, spa or barbershop? Online of course! Google is one of the first places they will visit, so make sure your Google My Business is all set up so they can see your location, hours, and posts for any new updates. Not to mention they can easily find your website and phone number!
They’ll also check out your website – so make sure it’s looking extra compelling, so they won’t be able to resist making an appointment! (P.S. The Shortcuts Digital Agency team can build you a customised website starting from just $1800. But hurry! Only ‘til the end of March! Click here to learn more.)
Don’t forget to make sure your Facebook and Instagram profiles are reflecting your best self too.
Get trained up
Are you getting the most out of your software? Our team are here to help! With unlimited FREE online classrooms, you can learn from the experts themselves to ensure all of your Shortcuts’ features are being used to their full potential. They’re also here to keep your salon up to speed with any updates or changes (so stay tuned)!
The best part? These online classrooms are available to you anywhere and anytime! All you have to do is:
- Find a class you’d like to attend
- Click “Register for Class”
- Choose from the available class dates and enrol
- Await further instructions – we’ll send you can email to confirm!
Can’t find a time that suits? All you have to do is click the blue button on the class page to “View Recording” – it’s that simple!
Deep clean your data
Beauty starts from the inside, and if your data’s all jumbled up, you’re going to look and feel like a frazzled mess! So when was the last time you checked the health of your database?
“We all know how databases can become messy, easily. A cleanse is fantastic. Whether capitalisation, numbers in the wrong fields, lack of emails, duplicates, or old clients that are unmarketable, yet taking up space in the system,” said Jonny, our Shortcuts Educator.
Didn’t know that was a thing? Don’t fret. We’ve got a few quick things to do to get you on your way to squeaky clean contacts.
- Identify duplicate entries. Find the doubled up client cards, and spend some time identifying why they’re doubled up (is one the child of the other? Same name but different phone numbers?) and work out which one holds the most up to date information. Copy across any information that’s missing, and hit that delete button!
- Check last visit dates. Do you have a heap of old clients in your database that haven’t visited in years? Don’t hit delete – but file them away so that you can market to them differently. Maybe that’s your list to target with enticing offers or a “We Miss You” campaign.
- Complete missing data. Are some of your client forms missing important details? Now is the time to fill in the gaps! And what a great way to reconnect with clients – give them a call, everyone wants to feel noticed. While you’re chatting, give them an update on the business and invite them back in when you re-open. Two birds, one stone!
Take time out for you
It goes without saying, if you’re not operating at the best you can be, your business can’t either. This is why one of our non-negotiable rules for successful salon, spa and barbershop owners is to always make time for yourself!
We get it, it’s not just a job, it’s your life, and you’re willing to do whatever it takes to build the business of your dreams. But without taking the time to switch off from salon mode, you’ve got yourself a one-way ticket to burnout, and we know you certainly don’t have time for that!
Life is too short to spend it swamped by work, so be sure to use your time away from the salon to rest and reset after a hectic work week, and always make time for the things that fulfill you – whether it’s friends, family, your fav hobbies, or even just short stroll.
Our top tips are to take care of your sleep, stress and make time to move! Nourish your body with time in the sun when you can, enjoy a balanced diet (that means treating yourself too) and most importantly, do whatever it is that makes you smile 😊
It’s time to leave the mess of 2020 behind by giving your business the glow-up it deserves! In the meantime, we’re taking a leaf out of our own book and thinking we might be due for a little something that will help us tackle this year with a new pep in our step.