Apr / 18 / 2018
Check out the latest updates to Shortcuts Fusion!
These changes affect your cloud-based features only (also known as the S.M.A.R.T. System).
Cloud Appointment Book
- The all new Cloud Appointment Book feature is a fully functioning mobile appointment book. Not only suitable for single site businesses, it is also perfect for multi-site locations, allowing you to access the Cloud Appointment Book for all sites within the business from any internet enabled device.
- This beautifully-designed feature lets you view your entire appointment book, including all employees on one screen. You can make appointments, change appointments, add tasks and access client records, bringing the much loved features of your Fusion Appointment Book to any mobile device.
- It lets you arrive guests without making them queue at the front desk, rebook appointments while they are still relaxed in the chair, or update their visit notes from the privacy of a treatment room.
- Capabilities and resources are fully integrated with the Cloud Appointment Book. Once configured in Shortcuts Fusion, you will be able to use capabilities and resources in the Cloud Appointment Book just as you would in Shortcuts Fusion.
- The Cloud Appointment Book can be used on multiple devices at the same time, and the changes you and your team make will be reflected instantly across the Cloud Appointment Book and the Shortcuts Fusion Appointment Book.
- The Cloud Appointment Book also includes the ability to:
- Send appointment acknowledgement emails to clients
- Create and apply appointment book filters
- Track appointment service statuses
- Print client arrival tickets.
- What to learn more? Watch this video to see an introduction, and watch this video to learn the basics of the Cloud Appointment Book. In order to utilise the resources feature and see Cloud Appointment Book actions in the business log, this feature also requires at least version 8.0.27 of Shortcuts Fusion.
- Security for the Cloud Appointment Book can be configured in the Console under: Company/Site Settings > Manage Users. You can allocate the following roles to your staff to provide them with login access to the Cloud Appointment Book: Company Manager, Call Centre, Site Manager or Employee.
- The Employees screen is also available within Cloud (Menu > Employees and rosters > Employees). This screen allows Company and Site Managers to:
- Edit existing employee details via the Cloud, which will then sync to Shortcuts Fusion
- Create a new employee via the Cloud, which will then sync to Shortcuts Fusion
- Allocate site level roles (Site Manager & Employee), and set up staff logins for the Cloud Appointment Book via the ‘roles & login’ button
- Upon creation of their new login, the staff member’s credentials will be automatically emailed to them. You can also manually trigger this email by pressing the ’email credentials’ button at the bottom of the screen at any time.
- Please note: This screen is not accessible for Enterprise controlled Fusion sites. Some employee setup must still be configured in Shortcuts Fusion, e.g. adding an employee image. Company level roles (Company Manager & Call Centre) must still be allocated via the Console. Site Manager and Employee roles can still be allocated via the Console as well. Syncing employee information from Cloud to Shortcuts Fusion also requires version 8.0.27 of Shortcuts Fusion.
- The all new Cloud Upsell feature is fully integrated with the Cloud Appointment Book; it allows you to add products and services to a client’s sale from the convenience of a tablet or smart phone. Upsold products and services can be added directly into the Shortcuts Fusion Point of Sale from anywhere in the salon, allowing your team to provide personalised recommendations to guests from the comfort of a treatment room.
- This doesn’t just enable a faster checkout process – it helps provide premium guest experience, as reception can have any products ready and waiting when the guest checks out.
- What to learn more? Watch this video. This feature also requires at least version 8.0.27 of Shortcuts Fusion.
- Shortcuts Upfront Payments is now integrated with Stripe. This allows you to take Upfront Payments through Online Booking and the Mobile Guest App using Stripe. You can customise your upfront payment rules in the Console to determine how much your clients need to pay upfront (this can be a percentage or a fixed amount). You can also choose to only charge upfront payments for specific services and/or employees. If a client that has paid upfront no-shows or cancels, you can charge the upfront payment as a cancellation fee, or put the money on the client’s account as store credit. What to learn more? Watch this video to see how clients make an upfront payment in the app, and watch this video to learn how to set up upfront payments.
Mobile Guest App
- We have integrated our Loyalty feature with the Mobile Guest App, giving your guests access to all the benefits of your loyalty program from the convenience of their smart phone. Guests can sign up for your loyalty program via your app, or scan their existing loyalty card to synchronise it with the app. This makes it easy for guests to access their loyalty details via the Mobile Guest App, including their points and rewards balance, as well as their recent balance history. This enables loyalty barcodes to be scanned directly from your guest’s smart phone at the point of sale, rather than scanning a physical loyalty card. Want to learn more? Watch this video to see how clients use loyalty in the app, and watch this video to learn how to set up loyalty in the app.
- Booking confirmation emails for the Mobile Guest App now come with an iCalendar (.ics) file attachment containing booking information.
- The Online Bookings report in the Console now displays upfront payment amounts for bookings with upfront payments. An export option has also been added to this report, allowing you to export the data in XLSX file format.
Ratings and Reviews
- If you have removed 3 reviews within 6 months, you can now see when you will be able to remove another review.
- Several new supplier brand logos are now available in mylocalsalon for you to display on your listing.
- The Shortcuts upgrade process has been improved to make upgrading your software smoother than ever before. Shortcuts updates will now be rolled out incrementally, ensuring higher quality releases and allowing for more improvements to be made before you receive the latest version of Shortcuts.
- In the Console under BookME settings, a new setting called ‘Show employee levels’ has been introduced. This setting allows you to choose whether you wish to display employee levels in Online Booking and the Mobile Guest App.
- The Console timeout has been increased to 24 hours.
Online Client Information Cards
- The PIN timeout has been increased to 30 minutes.
- The button names within the Client Search screen have been updated:
- ‘Client history’ has changed to ‘History & Notes’
- ‘Client entry’ has changed to ‘Client Mode’
- ‘Edit client’ has changed to ‘Employee Mode’
- We have made improvements to our APIs to eliminate duplicate client records by recording the client’s unique identification in our system.
- Adding a new client record via our APIs is now faster.
- Changing a payment type in Shortcuts Fusion will no longer cause an issue with Online Services.
- The log-in process of the Console has been improved, so that it will not time-out when a company manager with access to many sites is logging in.
Set and Forget Marketing
- To prevent sync errors, updated Set and Forget Marketing credentials will now be stored in Online Services only. Set and Forget credentials will not sync from Online Services to Fusion.
- The load time of the Online Booking webpage has been improved.
- Online Booking confirmation emails are now being delivered to customers after a successful booking.
- For Dutch Online Booking users, the password reset email now contains the reset link.
- Some images and icons that were previously not being displayed on Online Booking sites are now displayed correctly.
- When configured to do so, the Online Booking application will now display individual employees for selection during the booking process.
- Online Booking has been corrected to inform the user with a proper message when the timeslot they attempt to book is taken.
- Users will no longer get an error message when they attempt to login with Facebook.
- You can now cancel a client’s expired membership, allowing you to add them back into the same membership again.
- Self Check-in will now display the relevant site name if the site name is been configured to be displayed.
- When searching for a client via phone number, the correct results will now be displayed even if the phone number contains dashes.
- When uploading a mylocalsalon gallery image that is invalid or corrupt, an error message will now be displayed to indicate that there is an issue with the image.
- You can now book an appointment successfully through mylocalsalon.
- Business hours will now be displayed correctly.
- The longitude and latitude settings will now sync from the Console to mylocalsaon as expected.
- Mylocalsalon is now publishing your ratings & reviews again.
Mobile Guest App
- The GPS function has been improved in iOS 10+.
- An issue with the ‘earliest booking allowed’ setting (configured within BookME settings) has now been resolved. This means that the appropriate options will be presented to the user when they are selecting an appointment time in the Mobile Guest App.
- The MySalonApp tile is now available in the Console for South American and Icelandic locales.
- The Mobile Guest App has now been translated correctly for French and Spanish locales.
- The following Mobile Guest App emails have now been translated correctly for non-English languages: Password Reset email, Booking Confirmation email, and Registration Code email.
- Users can now reset their password in the app without receiving an error message.
Ratings and Reviews
- The Ratings and Reviews functionality has been corrected so that you can now share your reviews on Facebook.
- All of your available Facebook pages will appear in alphabetical order when sharing a review.
- For French locales, translations have been updated in various areas of Ratings and Reviews.
- The customer’s review text will now be included in the post when you share a review on Facebook.
- Broken image links have been repaired for Ratings and Reviews.
- Clicking a button several times within Rating and Reviews will no longer result in an HTML error appearing.
- The Spotlight tile within the Console will now work correctly for company managers who have access to a large number of sites.
- When manually adding Loyalty points via the programs console, the points added will now expire based on the set Points Expiry date as expected.
Customised Online Forms
- Users can no longer refresh the page when filling out a form. This will prevent data from being lost due to accidentally refreshing the page.
- The message stating “This form has been accepted” will no longer appear when you cancel out of an unfinished from.
- Missing translations have been added for French locales.
Online Client Information Cards
- For Online Client Information Cards, the performance of the following functions has been improved to enable faster load times:
- The sign-in process
- The ‘add client’ process
- The client search process.
- Fusion client records that have not yet synced to Online Services will no longer cause Online Client Information Cards to error and instead will display the message “This client is not available for online modification.”
- Visit notes entered through Online Client Information cards are now included when you print an employee’s appointment schedule.
- North American users will no longer get an error message due to a phone number previously being entered in the incorrect format.
- Phone numbers will now be saved as the correct type (i.e. Mobile, Home phone) for North American users.
- The user will now be able to sign properly within the signature field using Chrome on an Android tablet.
Erin Lewis is a creative thinker with a passion for the artistic side of hair and beauty. As an Assistant Product Manager, she knows the software inside and out, and loves to show off Shortcuts’ latest features. Erin also creates educational videos and user guides to help salons, spas and clinics get the most out of their software.