There’s no doubt that the impacts of COVID-19 on our communities and the industry are already starting to appear, with some barbers unable to order enough stock and clients cancelling appointments or just not seeing the walk-ins they normally would. Our thoughts are with all of you and we hope you’re safe and healthy.
When times get tough, we’re reminded of just how important it is to band together and support each other – just as we would in an environmental disaster like the recent bush fires. Already we’ve seen the community – and the world – do some amazing things to lift spirits and unify against a common issue. And we want to see more of it!
Here are some meaningful ways we’re seeing people come together and support each other:
- Offering supermarket runs or meal delivery to the elderly and immunocompromised
- Only taking a reasonable amount of groceries and supplies from the supermarket shelves and sharing resources with each other
- Buying products or services from small businesses who are already feeling a financial impact after the recent bush fires
- Purchasing gift certificates to local restaurants and brick & mortar retailers to provide an alternative revenue stream
- Hosting virtual happy hours with friends and family to bolster human connection
- Moving any scheduled events online and having a virtual masterclass
- Buying tickets to future events to show support for the greater community
- Contributing financially to food banks for children who have lost access to daily meals during school closures
- Donating to artists, performers, and venues to show solidarity and continue the celebration of the arts.
Shortcuts have created a great resource hub for any of our customers feeling the impacts of COVID-19. It includes informative articles, up-to-date information, and a communication kit. Click here to check it out.